Monday, March 19, 2012

Today I ended up in the Finnish Seafarers' Association. What did YOU do?

Managed to drag my carcass outside for an extended period of time! Great success. I also managed to decipher all (ALL) the writing on a chocolate bar wrapper. Even greater success! Granted, this was primarily thanks to my very good friends, Loan and Words. Also the fact that there were all of eleven or so words to decipher (and that it may be my Very Mild Superpower to sense the word for 'chocolate' in any language on sight), but you can pry my tiny linguistic victories from my cold dead hands.

Less successful part of the day: sat on a newly-purchased carton of juice. Nevertheless, the carton held strong and did not explode all over my things, so I still count this as a mostly-success.



The garbage receptacle in its natural habitat.











I thought these were a bit sorry-looking the first time I saw them, as I was dragging my belongings to my hostel. After a day I realised that seeing these meant being close to a place I could sit the damn hell down (and also meant not being hopelessly lost) so now they are more harbingers of unbounded joy.

Delightfully Soviet-esque!

Less Soviet-esque, but delightful nonetheless!

As I am unfamiliar with the meanings of most (all) of the signs here, I like to imagine what they are indicating. This one says: NO. (Just, NO.)

1 comment:

  1. No! Just no!

    My goodness, Neighbourino, so much snow! And then beautiful! And then snow! And then beautiful snow!

    Sounds like they make hardy juice boxes in Finland. It's probably something to do with Sovietness.

    ReplyDelete